Caramel Apple Jello Shots are a super fun twist on a Halloween party staple – try these Caramel Apple and Jello Shooters! Boozy caramel apples are easy to make, taste great and they will be a huge hit at every party. Non-alcoholic, kid-friendly recipe included!
- 5 medium granny smith apples (have a few more on hand)
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope hot chocolate mix ( about 1 oz.)
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- A few drops yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup vodka (or 1/4 cup vodka+1/4 cup water) FOR KIDS FRIENDLY VERSION use just 1/2 cup water instead liquor!!!
- Cut the apples in half and scoop out the insides to make the shelves of even thickness.
- Immediately brush the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning and arrange them on a muffin tin.
- To make the filling in medium sauce pan over medium-low heat stir together ½ cup water with 1 envelope hot chocolate mix.remove from heat.
- Add heavy cream and caramel sauce and stir well.
- Sprinkle with gelatin powder on top and let it sit for a 2-3 minutes, then heat and stir over medium-low heat, until reach a gentle simmer and gelatin is completely dissolved..
- Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.Remove from heat.
- Stir in a few drops of yellow food coloring
- Cool the mixture to lukewarm and stir in Vodka (or JUST WATER for KIDS FRIENDLY VERSION)
- Pour the mixture into apples and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until the filling has completely set and firm.
- Cut each half apples into quarters. Trim of browned edges and using a small brush apply lemon juice onto apples around the caramel to prevent browning.Serve immediately.