Candy Cane Pie is the only dessert recipe you’ll need this Christmas! It’s no-bake pie with crumbly Oreo crust and white chocolate ganache on top. This pie filling combo of cream cheese, whipped cream, instant pudding, butter, chocolate chips and crushed candy canes, makes the tastiest Christmas dessert!
- 36 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter- softened
- 1 and 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract
- 3.9 oz. box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding (for 4 x ½ cups serving)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup crushed candy cane or peppermint candies
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4.5 oz. white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1.5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-melted
- Crushed candy canes
- Snowflake sprinkles
- In a food processor ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling into fine crumbs. then, stir in ½ cup melted butter until evenly moistened.
- Next, press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of tart pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Mix 1 ½ cups heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add ¼ confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until STIFF peaks form. You can use peppermint extract instead of vanilla, it’s up to your taste. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese and ½ cup softened butter until smooth. Add 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar and beat until well blended and smooth, too.
- In a small heatproof bowl dissolve 2 teaspoon gelatin in 2 tablespoons cold. Set aside for 5 mins. then, heat over double broiler until the gelatin has melted, set aside to cool.
- Next, stir white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding with ¾ cup milk until thickens.
- Now, add the pudding into cream cheese and butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Then, add 2 cups of beaten heavy cream(reserve leftovers of for garnish), mix on low speed just to combine.
- Add cooled melted gelatin and mix just to combine.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. Now, pour into crust, smooth the top and refrigerate until firm (5-6 hours).
- In a heatproof bowl place white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate. Next, heat heavy cream until gentle simmer, then pour over white chocolate and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Now, stir until all chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Then spread on top of firmed filling.
- Melt 1.5 oz. chocolate,then transfer in a small ziplock bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over the white chocolate layer. Use leftovers of beaten heavy cream to pipe the swirls around the pie.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and snowflake sprinkles.
- Store in the fridge.
- To assemble Candy Cane Pie you’ll need dish with at least 8 cup volume. I used 9.5 x 2 inch tart pan with removable bottom. If you don’t have one, I suggest 9 inch springform pan or deep pie dish.