Buffalo Chicken Bites with Blue Cheese Dip are the perfect appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday! These mini pastries are a delicious football snack for all buffalo chicken lovers! Especially for those of you who prefer to enjoy spicy buffalo chicken with homemade blue cheese dip.
Buffalo Chicken Filling:
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts- small diced
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 slices of bacon-cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup butter-melted and slightly cooled
- ¼–½ tsp. garlic powder (to taste)
- salt to taste
For the dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 ½–3 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. envelope instant dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp.)
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Kosher salt
Blue Cheese Dip:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2.5 oz. (½ cup) Blue cheese-crumbled
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced green onion for garnish
To make the dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, place warm milk and sugar, stir with a spoon to dissolve.
- Add 2 ½ cups flour and dry yeast, then mix on low speed until a soft dough forms. Add a little more flour at the time if needed. Kneed 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto lightly floured surface and knead a few times with your hands to form a ball. Then transfer the dough into a bowl lightly greased with vegetable oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside on a warm place up to 2 hours or until the dough doubled in size and bubbles appear on the surface.
- While you are waiting the dough to raise, prepare the filling and Blue cheese dressing.
To make the Buffalo Chicken filling:
- In a bowl combine all filing ingredients (diced chicken, cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, Hot sauce, crumbled bacon, melted butter, garlic powder and salt). Then stir well until evenly combined, set aside.
Blue Cheese Dip:
- In a bowl combine crumbled blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well. Store in the fridge until serving. Garnish with sliced green onion when ready to serve.
Assembling Buffalo chicken bites:
- Line large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough on a floured surface and cut in 4 equal pieces.
- Knead each piece a few times, then roll with your hands to make about 12 inches long rope. Then using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll out each rope in a 12 x 4 inches rectangle with the long side facing you.
- Spread ¼ of the filling into the bottom third of each rectangle, then roll as tightly as possible, starting with the end that has the filling.
- Cut each log in 12 1-inch pieces and arrange on baking sheets leaving 2 inches apart. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes to rise.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 F and place the rack in the middle position.
- Brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm with Blue Cheese Dip and enjoy!