Buckeye Brownie Cookies are the perfect cookies for chocolate peanut butter lovers. Made with brownie cookies, peanut butter filling and rich chocolate on top!
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate- chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and 8 oz bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Stir together the eggs, vanilla and granulated sugar in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and stir until it is well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix powdered sugar with peanut butter until it is combined, then roll it into 1 inch balls. Make 24 balls and set aside.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets (if the batter is to thin leave it in the fridge until it’s firm enough to handle)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they are firm on the outside, but do not overbake!
- When the cookies are baked, press peanut butter balls lightly into the center of each cookie , let the cookies to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and spoon over the peanut butter.