Blueberry Poke Cake is a semi-homemade dessert; simple and easy enough to make for any occasion, but also fancy enough to serve at special events. This poke cake recipe uses boxed white cake mix and Cool Whip topping. But what makes it extra special, is a creamy and delicious homemade cheesecake blueberry filling!
For the cake:
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix (plus ingredients on the box)
Blueberry cheesecake filling:
- 1 (14oz.) can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (freeze them overnight so you could crush them in a food processor)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F, spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the ingredients on the box and bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes than using a wooden spoon poke holes all over the cake but be careful not to poke all the way to the bottom. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place frozen blueberries in a food processor and pulse until they crushed completely. If you can’t crush the blueberries completely add some of the sweetened condensed milk and pulse until it become smooth, then transfer to a bowl , add the rest of sweetened condensed milk and softened cream cheese and whisk until there are no large lumps.
- Add whipping cream and whisk until combined evenly.
- Stir in lemon juice and pour over the cake immediately ( lemon juice will thicken it really quickly). Spread it back and forth so it fills the holes. Set in the fridge for couple of hours or overnight to set.
- Spread whipped topping, slice and serve. Top each slice with fresh blueberries before serving.
- Store in the fridge.