This Blueberry Muffins recipe will become your favorite breakfast to make! You can stop your search for the best breakfast muffin because these are made with fresh blueberries and a cinnamon crumble!
For Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs ( or 3 small)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups blueberries-fresh or frozen(thawed)-divided( 1 cup goes in the batter and 1 1/3 cup for topping)
- 1–2 tablespoon flour
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick salted butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line standard muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
- To make the muffins in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand.
- In a small bowl sprinkle 1 cup blueberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and reduce the heat at 375F , bake about 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.