Blueberry Crescent Roll Muffins are a delicious and easy muffin recipe with blueberries, cream cheese, refrigerated crescent roll dough, and sweet glaze.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 8 oz. refrigerated crescent seamless sheet
- 4 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup blueberries (plus more for topping)
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (or more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Brush cupcake pan with melted butter generously and set aside. You’ll have 8 rolls.
- On a sheet of parchment paper unroll the crescent dough sheet. If using crescent rolls, seal the perforation to make a large rectangle.
- Mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla, then mix in egg yolk. Spread the mixture over the dough.
- Scatter about 1/2 cup blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Starting from the wider side, roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 8 pieces. The log is soft, so you can slice it with a serrated knife, but to keep the round shape of the dough I suggest you use a string. Take about an 8″ piece of string, lay it under the log and wrap it around the dough, pulling it tight until it cuts through the dough making a perfect cut roll.
- Arrange rolls in a buttered pan, then brush each roll with melted butter on top. You can add a few blueberries on top of each muffin.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes in preheated oven at 375 F. If using frozen blueberries it can take a few more minutes to bake.
- Coo 5-10 minutes in the pan then gently remove from the pan.
- To make the glaze stir milk and powdered sugar. If it is too thick add more milk, if it’s too thin add more powdered sugar. Spoon over the muffins.