These Banana Fritters are the perfect way to get your daily dose of potassium! They’re soft, sweet, warm and all-around irresistable.
- approximately 4 large bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Peel bananas and cut into 1.5 inch long pieces .
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add egg white and yogurt into dry ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon until it’s smooth.
- Heat about 2 inch oil in a frying pan.( Be careful not to over heat the oil or the fritters will be too brown, it should be about 350F).
- Using a fork dip each banana slice into to batter to coat it well and transfer it into oil and fry until it’s golden brown. Work in small batches because you have to work fast.
- Remove fried fritters to a paper towel lined plate to drain .
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.