Apple Pie Cheesecake Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth combo of apple pie, cheesecake, and a cookie. These homemade cookies are destined to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese-room temperature
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter-room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg-room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- about ¾ cup Lotus Biscoff (Speculoos) cookie crumbs
Apple Pie Filling:
- 2 medium apples- peeled and diced in small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water (or more if needed)
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce-for serving
Apple Pie Filling:
- In a saucepan combine chopped apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, spices, and corn starch. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the apples are slightly softened. Add 1 Tablespoon of water at the time if needed. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 1 hour. ( you can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners. Place Biscoff cookie crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Roll the dough into 1 ¼ -inch balls, then roll the balls in cookie crumbs and arrange balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using a tablespoon measure, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Place about 2 teaspoons of apple pie filling in the indent. Bake until golden brown around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.