Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bread is an easy fall baking recipe for super moist, cake-like, homemade bread packed with apple chunks, smooth cream cheese filling, and irresistible crisp topping. Although it is called bread, it tastes like a delicious cake baked in a loaf pan.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples (Granny Smith, Gala…)-peeled and diced in 1/2 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs-room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz. brick-style cream cheese-room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray, and line it with parchment paper leaving a large overhang on the sides so you could easily lift the bread from the pan. Adjust the oven rack just below the center (to the lower third position) and preheat the oven to 350 F.
To make the crisp topping:
- In a bowl stir together all-purpose flour, quick-cooking oats, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add melted butter and whisk with a fork until evenly moistened, then place in the fridge until ready to use.
To make cinnamon sugar:
- In a small bowl mix ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, and set aside.
- Peel and dice apples in small 1/2-inch chunks, set aside, too.
For the bread:
- Beat room temperature butter with sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs and mix to combine. Add the mixture of dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder) and mix to combine. Slowly pour in the milk and mix just to combine. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure there are no lumps remaining.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Mix together softened cream cheese with sugar, flour, and vanilla. Add egg and mix just to combine, set aside.
- Toss apples with cinnamon and 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar, and set aside.
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan, scatter half of the apple mixture, and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the apples and gently spread using the back of the spoon. Don’t go all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Next, spoon the remaining bread batter and gently smooth the top. Scatter the remaining apples and sprinkle with the crisp topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55-70 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This is a heavy loaf full of apples, so if your bread takes longer, that’s OK. Just tent it with aluminum foil after 30-40 minutes to prevent the top from browning too much.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan set on a cooling rack. Then using the paper overhang lift the bread from the pan.
- To make the glaze: stir powdered sugar, milk(or creme), and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled bread.