If you are searching for the best Christmas cookie recipe, look no further than White Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies! Traditional buttery shortbread cookies are amazing on their own, but now they get a holiday makeover with delicious mix-ins: dried strawberries and white chocolate!
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup dried strawberries finely chopped
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (or finely chopped white chocolate)
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour. Mix until combine.
- Stir in finely chopped dried strawberries and white chocolate.
- Transfer the dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll into 2 inch diameter log, gently press with your hands, wrap tightly in parchment paper and refrigerate the log for 2 hours to firm. If you make ahead, you can store the dough up to four days in a fridge or freeze up to 3 months, but then you must wrap the log with plastic wrap!
- When the log is firm, preheat oven to 325 F, line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the log and using serrated knife cut into 1/3 inch thick slices. If the dough crumbles too much leave it at room temperature 5-8 mins then slice.
- If the slices lose their shape press it back together with your fingers and place them onto baking sheet with one inch of space between.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheets for 5 mins then transfer to a rack to cool completely.