Pecan Pie Cheesecake Coffee Cake is a combo of moist vanilla coffee cake, layered with flavorful cinnamon streusel crumbs, smooth and creamy cheesecake filling, and gooey pecan pie topping.
For Cinnamon Crumbs:
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoonsal unsalted butter-melted
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Pecan Pie Topping:
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk- lightly beaten with a fork
To make the cinnamon crumbs:
- Stir together light brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease with baking spray. Set aside.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla end mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
To make the cake batter:
- In a bowl stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter for a minute, then add sugar and brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix to combine. Mix in half of dry ingredients mixture, then mix in the sour cream, and finaly slowly mix in the remaining half of the flour mixture.
- Spread less than half of the batter onto the bottom of prepared pan, smooth with a spatula (it will be a very thin layer). Sprinkle with cinnamon crumbs.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling over the crumbs, but don’t go all the way to the edges.
- Using a spoon gently dollop the remaining batter over the cream cheese and spread as much as you can using the back of a spoon to smooth the top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until the cake is no longer jiggly in the center. If the top browns to quickly, you can tent it with aluminum foil after 30-40 minutes of baking time.
- Remove the cake from the oven and REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 325 F!!!
To Make The Pecan Pie Topping:
- While the cake is baking in a sauce pan stir together light corn syrup, brown sugar and softened butter and heat on low heat until the butter has melted (or microwave for 1 minute). Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans, vanilla, lightly beaten eggs and dash of salt.
- Using a wooden skewer poke the holes in the cake.
- Pour the topping onto the cake, and place back in the oven and bake 10-15 minutes at 325 F. You can place the springform pan onto the baking tray in case it bubbles while baking.
- Cool completely before serving, rrun a thin knife around the cake and loose ring from springform pan.